Teacher Unions(GNAT, NAGRAT and CCT-GH) has revealed the actual cost and payment plan for the One Teacher One Laptop project.
According to the Teacher Unions, the One Teacher One Laptop Project was implemented as a result of their intervention with the Government.
The three Teacher Unions suggested to the government to provide Laptops to all Teachers to aid in the effective teaching through the application and use of ICT.
The government through the Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service, heeded to the call of the three Teacher Unions to provide Laptops under the following conditions and terms:
1. That government will facilitate the acquisitions of the Laptops
2. That GES will ensure effective distribution of the Laptops
3. That there will be cost sharing as follows;
a. Government paying 70%
b. Teacher paying 30%
Good News For Teachers: No More Writing of Lesson Notes- Check Details
4. That the Teacher’s 30% component will not be deducted from the Teacher’s salary but paid through the professional allowance allocations.
5. That the computers provided become the property of the individual teacher.
6. That the company KA. Technology provide training and after sale service to the teachers.
The breakdown of the prices are as follows;
Government– GH¢1,282.03 – 70%
Teacher– GH¢549.44 – 30%
Total– GH¢1,831.47. – 100%