In a statement released by KMA sighted by Frichynews.com reveals that 10 persons who contracted COVID-19 within the last two weeks in the municipality have died.
The Assembly entreats all persons within the area to as a matter of urgency adhere to the COVID-19 safety protocols.
As per the statement, the Public Relations Officer of the KMA, Henrietta Afia Konadu Aboagye, said the new Delta variant was detected in the metropolis in December 2021.
She also called on various Mass Media to intensify education and sensitization of the COVID-19 virus.
- Grade D7 will never be admitted – UG Legon Lecturer replies Education Minister
- Central University final year student designs proposed Cape Coast airport– See Photos)
- Education Minister Orders Universities To Admit D7 Grade
- Just In: Takoradi Lady Finally Reveals Her Reasons For faking pregnancy with her mother– Check Out
- Breaking: I’m not pregnant- Takoradi lady confesses
“After the festive season, we realized a lot of people were coming in with a lot of cases, but later we realised that people were coming in with the new Delta variant. The Public Health Committee that is helping the Assembly with the outbreak has recorded over 200 cases.”
“This number is too huge for this short period; so we are drawing the attention of the public not to relax with the protocols so that we are able to curtail the infection rate”, she added