Information reaching frichynews.com has it that conclusion has been made after months of negotiation on the 2021/2022 base pay by the Organized Labour and the Government
After organized Labour had proposed 15% for both years and subsequently coming down to 10% for 2021/2022, Government insisted on its earlier proposal of 4%/6% for 2021/2022.
However, as organized Labour kept on with it’s proposed figures of 10% for both years, Government side tabled 4%and 7% for 2021/2022 respectively with the condition that if we stood on our demands then there will be retrenchment in the public sector.
Organized Labour after some caucus deliberations on the issue raised by Government side accepted their proposal of 4%/7% for 2021/2022 respectively with the following conditions;
1. That the agreement takes effect from 1st Jan, 2021with the payment of arrears spread as follows.
Month arrears payment added on to August, September, October, November and 2months arrears on December 2021 making the 6months arrears.
2. That there will be no retrenchment during the period.
3. That Government should continue to recruit in the public sector.
4. That Government ensure that vaccines are made available for public sector workers.
5. That Government ensure full payment of Tier2 pension.
Thanks for your attention.