All Government Workers on GoG payroll must read must follow these guidelines in order to protect their Payslips from fraud.
Frichynews.com has compiled all the necessary guidelines every Government Worker must follow when Choosing E-Payslip Password, Checking and Printing Payslip, Dealing with Loan and Insurance Companies; and Working on Arrears or any issues with Payslip from the Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD). These guidelines will help the Government Worker to avoid GoGPayslip / E-Payslip Scam.
Choosing E-Payslip Password
- Never use your phone number as your E-Payslip password.
- Never use your date of birth as your E-Payslip password.
- Never use your name or names as E-Payslip password.
- Do not use repeated numbers (0000, 1111, 2222 etc.) as password, since they are easily predicted. Create an unpredictable password and write down securely if you fear forgetting it. Do this for your email too.
Checking and Printing Payslip
- Learn to check your Payslip yourself.
- Let only trusted people check your Payslip for you.
- If you open your Payslip on anyone’s phone or computer, make sure to log out before handing over.
- Do not write your Staff ID and password and give to someone to go print your Payslip for you. If it becomes necessary, change the password after that.
- Download your Payslip on your phone or computer and send it for printing.
- When you go to cafe to print your Payslip, let the attendant type everything but type the password yourself.
- Make sure the attendant logs out before you leave or change the password afterwards.
- If a printed Payslip is not clear and a new one is to be printed for you, ensure that the unclear one is destroyed or take it away. Never leave it behind.
Dealing with Loan and Insurance Companies.
- Check your own affordability and tell them or let a trusted person do it for you.
- Generate the MANDATE FORM yourself and give them the code or let a trusted person do it for you.
- Never trust the loan and insurance officers with your Staff ID and
- If it becomes necessary to give out your details to generate mandate, do well to check the mandate history to confirm if they have generated only one or the required number needed. Change the password later.
- For financial security sake, teachers ought to take loans for business.
- It’s wise to take loans from your banks or union rather than the financial institutions.
- Do not allow someone to force you to take loans .
Working on Arrears or any issues with Payslip from CAGD
- Never trust anyone that calls you to help you get your arrears or promotion. Controller does not have a collective center.
- In case you want to give it a try, do not give your Payslip Password out. Anyone that claims to work at the controller and wants to help you with arrears or any related issues only needs your Staff ID. If he or she asks for anything else, consider them to be Fraudsters.
A true worker would get access to every detail about you with just your ID. Your name would probably be for confirmation.
- The deal must not be phone affairs but one-on-one for fraud check sake.
- If you give out you ID and password, they would generate mandate form from your payslip and take loan in your name without your notice.
- If they promise to work payment of arrears for you for commission and you give them your password, you may receive money and pay them their cut but what you have received is not arrears but loan. Wait for deductions.
- Do not be deceived to believe persons that calls you claiming to be from contoller for a mear fact that they can mention your name, date of birth school or district. Remember your employment details are flying everywhere on social media, it’s not magic.
Mandate Form is like your signature, an authority note or undertaking, that your payslip is programmed to generate which when given to controller means you have agreed for controller to deduct an agreed amount from your salary for a third party organization for a certain duration.