All teachers who were employed after August 31, 2018 are required to pass the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination to merit the license and registration number. Thus, their provisional license shall be replaced with a full license during the exercise.
As part of the processes for teacher professionalization, the National Teaching Council (NTC) will issue Teachers’ the licensing and registration exercise in May 2021.
All qualified teachers who were employed before September 1, 2018 are required to follow the steps below to upload their data on the NTC’s Teacher Portal Ghana
- Go to https://tpg.ntc.gov.gh via a web browser on a PC or smartphone.
- Click “Register Now” to create an account or log in to an existing account.
- Select “Teacher” as account type.
- Fill in details and submit.
- Open your email account in another browser tab.
- Check your email for a confirmation link from NTC TPG. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder and report it as “not spam” to receive it in your inbox.
- Scan and upload first professional certificate and first appointment letter.
It is further to be noted that all qualified teachers who fail to avail themselves for this licensing and registration exercise shall lose their right to practise as teachers in Ghana in accordance with section 64 (1) of the Education Regulatory Bodies Act, 2020, Act 1023.