Management of the College of Education (CoE) has opened application for admission into the new 4-year Bachelor of Education degree programmes in all the Forty-Six (46) Public Colleges of Education in Ghana for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Students who wish to apply for admission into any of the 46 Colleges of Education across the country should follow the online application procedure below.
Online Application Procedure:
I. Applicants will first make a payment of One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis (GHC180.00) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
i). Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
ii). Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialling short code *924*8# from all networks.
II. Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
A). Personal Identification Number (PIN).
B). An Admission Application Serial Number.
C). The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
iv). With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
v). Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
a). Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
b). Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
c). After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
d). Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
e). Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
f). Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NB: Applicants should note that each of the forty six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated to a public Universities and certificates would be awarded to students who successfully complete their course of study by the affiliate University.
The Admission process will close on Tuesday, 31st August, 2021.
Find below easy steps for applying on the Colleges of Education portal.
1. Supply your card information and ensure you keep the card safely for subsequent login.
2. Click ‘Login’ to start applying.
3. Fill Application form and supply all required details, as well as attaching a passport picture.
4. An applicant’s passport picture should be in JPG or JPEG format and must not exceed 40KB in size.
5. Click ‘Preview’ button to do any of the following:
a. Click ‘Edit’ button to modify your application.
b. Click ‘Save and Continue later button’ to save your application form for the option of coming back at a later time to edit.
c. Click ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’ to complete your online application.
d. After clicking on ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’, click ‘Print Form’ button to print Confirmation Page.
6. Keep your printed Confirmation Page safe. You will require your Application Form Numbershown on the page to check your admission status and also print your admission letter.
7. Click on the ‘Close’ to go back to the login page.
8. Each Applicant is required to print two copies each of his/her confirmation page and attach his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important and forward same by post to the College of Education applied to. Failure to do so, means application won’t be processed
9. Quote your Application Reference/Form Number on your envelop.