President Akufo-Addo appoints transition team as sighted by frichynews in the Statement released today, 10th of December, 2020 which was signed by Eugene Arhin, the Director of communications of the office of President.
The Presidential (Transition) Act, 2012, (Act 845), was enacted to govern the transition from one administration to another.
Within twenty-four (24) hours of the declaration of the results of the
presidential election by the Electoral Commission, the President shall constitute the membership of the
Section 1(3) of the Act stipulates that “where the incumbent President is re-elected for a second
term, the President shall designate members of the Transition Team.”
By this, the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, following his
re-election has designated fifteen (15) persons to serve as members of the Transition Team.
According to the president, Hon. Akosua Frema Osei-Opare (Chief of Staff at the Office of the President) is appointed as Chairperson the team.
The following other 14 persons are appointed as members of the team
1. Hon. Yaw Osafo Maafo (Senior Minister)
2. Gloria Akufo (Attorney General)
3. Ken Ofori-Atta (Minister for Finance)
4. Hon. Ambrose Dery (Minister for Interior)
5. Hon. Dominic Nitiwul (Minister for Defense)
6. Hon. Shirley Ayorkor Botchway (Minister for Foreign Affairs)
7. Hon. Hajia Alima Mahama (Minister for Local Govt and Rural Devt)
- CAUTION: WhatsApp Will Be Blocked On MILLIONS Of Phones Forever In A Few Weeks
- Grade D7 will never be admitted – UG Legon Lecturer replies Education Minister
- Central University final year student designs proposed Cape Coast airport– See Photos)
- Education Minister Orders Universities To Admit D7 Grade
- Just In: Takoradi Lady Finally Reveals Her Reasons For faking pregnancy with her mother– Check Out
8. Hon. Albert Kan Dapaah (Minister for National Security)
9. Nana Dwamena (Head of the Civil Service)
10. Hon. Dr. Nana Ato Arthur (Head of the Local Government service
11. Dr. Janet Ampadu Fofie (Chair of the Public services Commission)
12. Mrs. Mercy Debrah (Secretary to the Cabinet)
13. Mr. Joshua Kyeremeh (National Security Co-ordinator)
14. Mr. Henry Wood (Ag. Chief Director, Office of the President)